What is FEE HELP?
FEE-HELP is a loan scheme that helps eligible students enrolled in a fee paying place to pay their tuition fees.
Fee paying places are generally available for postgraduate courses at universities, and in both undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by private providers.
You do not have to use a FEE-HELP loan to pay your tuition fees. You can choose to
pay all your tuition fees upfront, or you can pay some upfront and use a FEE-HELP loan
for the rest, or use a FEE-HELP loan for all your tuition fees (up to your FEE-HELP limit).
To get a FEE-HELP loan, you must
- be an Australian citizen and study at least part of your course in Australia.
- be a New Zealand Special Category visa (SCV) holder or permanent humanitarian visa holder and meet the residency requirements.
- be enrolled in a fee-paying place at a provider that offers FEE-HELP loans.
- be enrolled in an eligible course at your provider by the census date.
- submit the Request for FEE-HELP form to your provider by the census date.
- not have already borrowed up to your FEE-HELP limit. ($104,440 in 2019)
– If you are studying at a non-university, you will also need to meet the ‘pass rate’ requirements.
Which KOI courses is FEE HELP available for?
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Business (Management and Finance)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Business
- Graduate Diploma of Business
- Master of Accounting
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Graduate Certificate of TESOL
- Graduate Diploma of TESOL
- Master of Arts (TESOL)
How can I apply?
Please call us on 02 9283 3583 or contact us ([email protected]) to receive information on the application process.
For more details Click here
What if I need to cancel my studies?
If you have applied for FEE-HELP and then decided to cancel your studies, you must withdraw your enrolment in each unit of study before the census date or you’ll incur debt.
If you withdraw from a unit after the census date due to serious illness or other “special circumstances”, you can apply to KOI to have your HELP debt remitted (and your FEE-HELP balance re-credit if applicable). Requests for re-crediting of HELP debts should be sent to [email protected] accompanied by independent supporting documentation. Students will be informed of the outcome within ten (10) working days.
If you withdraw from a unit after the census date due to “change of mind”, you are legally obliged to repay your HELP debt and will not be able to apply to have your HELP debt remitted.
Further information regarding refunds and complaint can also be found at:
How do I get a Tax File Number?
To apply for a Tax File Number, visit the Australian Taxation Office website.
What is a CHESSN?
When you enrol at KOI you’ll be allocated a Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) if you don’t already have one. It’s a unique identifier that helps KOI to manage your FEE-HELP application.
What happens if my course ceases to be offered?
Please read our Statement of Tuition Assurance.