What do I do if …
To check your attendance, login into the student portal and click the “Academics” menu on the left hand side of the page then go to “My Attendance”.
Please lodge all complaints / suggestions to the Academic Manager or the Student Services Officer who is available via Reception or drop the complaint / suggestion in the suggestion box located at Reception.
All dates and times are available on the E-Learning portal. Some important dates and times will be shown on the screen at Reception. If you can’t find a specific date or time please contact Reception
If you have any questions regarding the withdrawal / deferral of subjects or your course, please contact the Admissions Manager through KOI Reception.
Please contact the Admissions Manager through KOI Reception.
Please contact the Admissions Manager through KOI Reception.
There are two types of academic transcripts – Official Transcripts which are only available to students who have completed their studies, and Incomplete/Interim Transcripts, which show a student’s progress to date for a partially completed course.
Incomplete Transcripts are available via the Student portal free of charge at any time. If you want a KOI stamped Incomplete Transcript, make your request by submitting a Document Request Form to KOI Reception – a $10.00 fee will apply.
Official Transcripts – Graduating students will receive a free complete transcript and a Completion Letter on conferral of their course. Make your request by submitting a Document Request Form to KOI Reception. All document requests will normally be completed within five (5) working days from the date of request.
You can request a replacement for these documents by submitting the Document Request Form. Replacement Transcripts and Completion Letters will cost $15.00 each.
King’s Own Institute (KOI) encourages all students to collect their official documents in person to maximise confidentiality and security. However KOI understands that this may not always be possible.
Students who are unable to collect their official documents from KOI in person may authorise someone else to collect their documents, or may request documents be mailed to them. KOI will not email any documents such as Official Transcripts or Completion Letters. Testamurs can only be collected in person or sent by mail.
If you are unable to collect your documents you may:
- Authorise another person to collect documents on their behalf:
- If you wish someone else to collect their documentation, you will need to authorise this person by completing a Third Party Authority Form and submit it with your Document Request Form. You will need to provide the person’s full name, address and date of birth – when collecting the documents. You will also need to also attach a scanned copy of your Student ID card, a scanned copy of your Australian Driver’s licence, or a copy of the identification pages from your passport, so KOI can verify the request.
- The person collecting your documentation will need to provide some form of photo ID such as a current passport or Australian driver’s licence as proof of identity.
- Request KOI to send your documents to by mail (available to students who are no longer in Sydney only).
- If submitting the Document Request Formby email, you should also attach a scanned copy of your Student ID card, a scanned copy of your Australian Driver’s licence, or a copy of the identification pages from your passport, so KOI can verify the request.
- The student will need to provide KOI with their (outside Sydney) street address – KOI will not send official documents to a Post Office Box or a third party for security and privacy reasons.
- KOI will provide you with a selection of mailing choices and costs
- Once you choose your preferred mailing option, KOI will advise how payment can be made.
- Once KOI is in receipt of the mailing costs, KOI will dispatch the documents as requested.
KOI cannot accept any responsibility for documents once they are either provided to another person or dispatched by mail.
You have an obligation to notify KOI of any changes to your contact details within seven (7) days. If you are an International student, you are required by Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) to provide KOI with up to date contact details within seven (7) days or you will be in breach of your visa conditions. Please lodge a Change of Address Form with KOI Reception.
KOI can only assist students who have their OSHC with KOI’s preferred provider, Australian Health Management (AHM). Please email the Finance Department email@example.com .
Students using other providers need to contact their provider directly.
Please complete a Document Request Form available at Reception and on the KOI website (under the Policies and Forms tab). You can either submit the form to KOI Reception or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information regarding immigration is available on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) website available at http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Stud
KOI students who have completed course requirements should contact the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) (www.border.gov.au) to establish their eligibility to apply for another visa type in order to remain lawfully in Australia. Students may also seek assistance from a registered migration agent.
KOI is required by law to report the fact that students have completed their studies. Student enrolment may be cancelled or terminated up to thirty one (31) days after the “completion date”.
DATE OF COURSE COMPLETION
(Please note that the final date on a CoE or a Student Visa is not a completion date)
The date of course completion (Completion date) is the date on a letter from KOI that a student has met the requirements for a degree, diploma or certificate (A Completion Letter).
The completion date will be the second Friday after the last day of examinations for the trimester.
|Last day of classes||Examinations Week||Subject results released||Completion date for degrees, diplomas and certificates|
|8 Oct 2016||17 to 22 Oct 2016||01 Nov 2016||4 Nov 2016|
Official notification of completion is through the last email address given by a student to KOI. The Completion Date is entered on the individual ACADEMIC RECORD (transcript) and on the
Completion Letter. Completing students receive a Completion Letter and final Academic Record as soon as possible after completion. Processing of documents may take up to 10 working days.
All students who complete their studies at KOI in T2016 are eligible to be invited to graduate at the next available ceremony, which is Tuesday 14 February 2017. Those who would like to stay in Australia until the Graduation Ceremony should contact DIBP to discuss visa options.
Temporarily extending a stay in Australia. Information about temporarily extending a stay in Australia can be found in the DIBP Fact sheet – Temporary Entry webpage http://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/46temporary-entry